1. Being less negative. Less negative in July because I GOT A NEW JOB. Also, my really annoying coworker started working from home, so I had less interaction with her. All good things. I have more flexibility in my life, too, so I feel a lot more positive.
2. Projects. I started making a skirt for work. It’s going slow. But I made a fascinator in August for an English-themed tea bridal shower.
So far this year:
Play for Thomas
-Playdough (it only worked for a day, then I bought some)
Clothes for me
-Mending (three sweaters, a black shirt, a running jacket and slimming a kimono)
-Fascinator (hair accessory)
-Pants (I just need to sew them)
-Gallery wall progress (I found free pics online, printed them through Shutterfly, bought frames at Michaels and hung them up.)
-Clay jewelry holders
-Nail polish swatches
3. Track my food on my Fitbit app. I’ve done a few of these days since starting my new job. But ugh. It’s so annoying to track food.
4. Back health. Still using my device. Might start doing yoga in the company gym on Fridays during lunch. Maybe.
5. Clothing budget. I am totally beyond this original $500 line. I’m probably in the $750-$800 range. But, I think that I’ll be good for a long time again.
6. Read 25 books. 27/25. I know I’m forgetting some audio books I listened to, but I guess that’s just how it goes. Like my food, I can’t be bothered to track my books so closely anymore.
I have to say, though, I’m feeling really good about the number of books I’ve read so far this year. Reading has been one of my favorite activities my whole life, and the past few years I’ve been so limited. I don’t LOVE audiobooks, but I have a new appreciation for them.
The Outcast by Jolina Petersheim
The Blood of Olympus by Rick Riordan
Giraffe by J. M. Ledgard
Room by Emma Donoghue
Someone Else’s Love Story by Joshilyn Jackson
Where’d You Go Bernadette? by Maria Semple
Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel
How to Tell Toledo from the Night Sky by Lydia Netzer
The Magicians by Lev Grossman
The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
Insurgent by Veronica Roth
Shine Shine Shine by Lydia Netzer
Instructions for a Heatwave by Maggie O’Farrell
Allegiant by Veronica Roth
The Magicians King by Lev Grossman
The Magicians Land by Lev Grossman
That Summer by Lauren Willig
The Ashford Affair by Lauren Willig
The Lure of the Moonflower by Lauren Willig
Ready Player One by Ernest Cline
To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
Go Set a Watchman by Harper Lee
The Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling
7. Declutter. I have gotten rid of a lot of clothes. I have a lot of stuff to get rid of… I feel slightly overwhelmed by this. But it’ll be fine!