Oh man, I’m the worst.* This is my second post of the year? Really?? Well, let’s see where we are.
- Knit a pair of socks. The sock cuff has grown. It’s actually rather sock-like!
- Knit a pair of mittens. Still in progress.
- Get better at calligraphy. Haven’t done much here.
- Do something creative for at least 30 min. a week. I think I’ve been okay at this one, but not as good as I’d like, and it’s seriously just 30 min/week. I’ve seriously got to carve out time for me, in a way that actually contributes to my happiness.
- Send 1 card/month. Nope.
- Reduce procrastination and time spent on the internet. In general, I’m getting better, but definitely have to remind myself every now and then to read a book instead of staring at a screen.
- Go to the Margaret Mitchell house. Nuh uh.
- Go to Fernbank Museum. Negatory.
- Go take photos in the country. Does the beach count?
- Save $3,500. $2,250 so far. 64% of the way there. There was an auto-deposit in May that didn’t go through for whatever reason (I think that happens at some point every year?), so I just adjusted my auto-pay amount to make up for it.
- Get credit card balances to zero—and keep them there. I’m at $5400 (urgh). I got a rewards card to earn SkyMiles, but then I hate pulling money out of checking to cover it. Well, guess what? That money is already spent, and now I’m in debt. Given this, it turns out that I have to rely on the technology to work for me here, like I do for savings. I’ve paid off a big chunk over the past couple of weeks, and I’ll keep plugging away at it through not using the cards and then upping the auto-payment amounts. (82K SkyMiles, though. Time to go somewhere fun!)
* I maintain that 2016 is actually the worst, not me.