My year has an extra day to be productive! Thanks Leap Day.
1. Move 401ks to IRAs at my bank. Nope. I’ve collected the majority of my documentation, but I don’t want to move anything financial around until we buy a new house. Otherwise, I have to explain all that, and I’m not interested.
2. Lose 20 pounds. I’m doing it! At the end of January, I started doing the food portion control part of the 21-day fix. It’s pretty good, you guys. I’ve been sticking to it hard during the week and relaxing my standards a bit on the weekend. Since I started at the end of January, I’ve lost 7 pounds. Yup. In slightly more than a month. Since Thanksgiving, I’m down (as of today, March 2) 12 pounds. I’m currently wearing a skirt that hasn’t fit since before I was pregnant.
I’m going to keep doing this for awhile. I’m hoping to hit goal by the end of March. Or April. No pressure. Only 8 pounds, people!
3. Clothing budget of $500. Make 5 items of clothing. I spend $0 on clothes and made no clothes in February. The lack of spending could be because more of my old clothes are fitting… but I’ll take it.
4. Buy a new house; sell my old house. In February, we offered for several homes that we didn’t get, and our house is in escrow on the sale. We offered for another house on Feb. 29, and we’re hopeful. It needs work, but it’s a good house, and the price is right.
5. Read 35 books. 1/35. I still don’t remember what book I read in January. No books in Feb. I started the Red Rising trilogy, but I didn’t find it exciting and petered out.
6. KonMari my house. I still haven’t gotten started. Whatever. Is there an app for this?
7. Spend less time surfing on my phone and pay more attention to my kid. Saturday, Feb. 27, I spent less than an hour on my phone throughout the day. Every other day of February was abysmal.