Already 1/12 of the way through 2016.
1. Move 401ks to IRAs at my bank. Nada on this. I’m collecting the documentation to do it, but I haven’t actually made any phone calls or anything.
2. Lose 20 pounds. Right at the end of January, I started doing the 21-day fix — just the food part. Goodness. I lost three pounds in the final week of the month. So I’m going to keep doing that for awhile.
3. Clothing budget of $500. Make 5 items of clothing. I spend $0 on clothes and made no clothes in January.
4. Buy a new house; sell my old house. So…. we went to an open house on Jan. 30 and decided to make an offer. Which means we are listing our house, like, yesterday. So we’ll see what happens with that. I’ve been doing some projects and so has Josh. Cleaning, patching paint, etc. But he’ll start to do a lot more of that this week and it’ll kind of take over.
5. Read 35 books. I read one book in January. I’ll update when I remember what it was.
6. KonMari my house. So, this is going to happen more as the packing happens. I’m going to do clothes tonight, though. I just really need to make my house/life neat for all the potential changes.
7. Spend less time surfing on my phone and pay more attention to my kid. I’ve been using Moment to track my phone usage (which also means my internet usage, because that’s about the only device I use, ever, these days). During the week I average 2-3 hours/day. On the weekend, that’s up to 4-5 hours/day. Keep in mind I’m house hunting, using social media, playing games, Thomas is stealing my phone and breaking in (yes, he’s smart enough to type my code in and find the apps he likes to play), ordering groceries, on and on. I’m thinking about deleting FB from my phone because I really don’t need it. But I’m afraid I’ll miss out on things. I’ve also asked Thomas to help me, and he’s great at reminding. “Momma, put down your phone and play with me.”