Have I seriously not written since January? I am the very worst about keeping up with the blog. If I call it a December check-in, then I’m technically early, right?
- 10 projects. I made jewelry dishes and am learning pointed pen calligraphy. That’s definitely a project! (So far, I haven’t spilled ink all over the floor, so that’s awesome.)
- Lose 40 lbs. Ha. Haha. Hahaha. Ugh.
- Go to the gym twice a week. I’ve actually been pretty good about this! Aside from travelling or when I’ve been sick, I’ve made myself go. Woo gold star.
- Run a mile without stopping. Hit 120 lbs. on the lat pulldown. Hit 96 lbs. on the rowing machine. I decided that I don’t care about these. I hate running, I know it, it was making me dread going to the gym, so I switched to riding the stationary bike. It doesn’t feel as awful and tough, so I feel like I’m not doing as much. I sweat a lot and I ride fast, so massive eyeroll to myself and my midwestern Puritan ideals there.
Basically, I need to eat better. I’ve let myself eat carbs even though giving them up is really the fastest, best way for me to lose weight. I do like lifting, and I’ve built some muscle. I just want to slim down so you can tell that.
- Reduce procrastination. I think I’ve made progress here, even if it’s by virtue of simply having to plow through. I was the only person on my team for five months this year, and I may as well have been the rest of the team, thanks to offboarding/onboarding people.
- Send one card a month. Argh. No. Didn’t do this either.
- Cut down on wasting time on the internet. This has remained on my mind throughout the year, and I do think I’ve gotten better in general. I still check Facebook too much, but it’s usually a quick check.
- Write two pages/day, two days/week. Oh yeah, I was going to do that. Man, 2015 has been hard and I haven’t been feeding my creative side. No wonder I haven’t lost weight, either.
- Finish paying off credit cards. I’m so close! I paid off the card I transferred everything to, right on time, but I also charged $2k. I hate that, but it’s yet another reminder that auto payments are what I need in order to pay things off.
Save $3000.Already done!
Read 15 books this year.I read the Harry Potter and Sookie Stackhouse novels again, and that’s definitely gonna take care of it. I also finished James Herriot’s books and am a good way through The Warmth of Other Suns. Go to four museums or Atlanta things. I went to Atlanta History Center and the Museum of Design Atlanta. Both trips were for work (weird, right?), but it counts! I’m also counting the craft fair I went to. Looks like I need to go to another museum!
So there’s some good progress, and some not so much progress. And while I’m a little twitchy that I’m not getting all the gold stars, it really is ok. I’ve had kind of tough year (I think I say that during this time every year) at work, and certainly a lot of family and friends have had a hard time this fall. I definitely see that having the accountability of this blog is important to helping me check things off the list!