1. Work out more. I lost a couple more pounds in September. My work had a pedometer challenge and my competitive nature motivated me to walk more than 70,000 steps three of four weeks. I’ll take it. I’ve been covering for a coworker who’s been out on maternity leave all summer, and she’s finally returning. I’m planning to take a walk every day at work. Hopefully, that means that I’ll keep making progress on this.
Limit television. Fall TV came back. I haven’t watched anything other than things I’ve DVR’d in forever. Apparently this mischief is managed. I’m knocking it off my list next month.
3. Make one new recipe a month. What did I make, what did I make? I told myself I’d remember, but I forgot. As I do every month.
**UPDATE: I remembered one meal and it was delicious: Quinoa Enchilada Casserole. I made a broccoli quinoa casserole one night and had some leftover quinoa. A Facebook friend from HS whose family is very vegetarian-friendly happened to post this recipe. And I had 15 minutes, so I prepped it for the next night. It was awesome all around.
4. Make 10 projects. I made a pattern to make a tank top. (Already in October, I cut out the tank top — progress!)
5. Clothing budget. $315.46/$500. I spent $18.96 on a tunic and a maxi dress. CLEARANCE!
6. Fix/upcycle one clothing item a month. 5/12. No new items this month.
7. Declutter. I axed that coffee table that I couldn’t figure out what color to paint. The new owners like the color. And some other things. And I started a new clothes pile to get rid of.
8. Read 52 books. 17/52. Two new ones in September.
My list this year:
The Monuments Men by Robert M. Edsel
Gods in Alabama by Joshilyn Jackson
The Invention of Wings by Sue Monk Kidd
The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
In Defense of Food by Michael Pollan
The Mark of the Midnight Manzanilla by Lauren Willig
The Book of Life by Deborah Harkness
Written in My Own Heart’s Blood by Diana Gabaldon
The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt
The Weird Sisters by Eleanor Brown
Bossypants by Tina Fey
Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson
Divergent (Divergent, #1) by Veronica Roth
Orphan Train by Christina Baker Kline
Inferno (Robert Langdon, #4) by Dan Brown
The House of Hades (The Heroes of Olympus, #4) by Rick Riordan
9. Home improvements. I actually need to better prioritize this because we’re going to refinance and think about moving in a year or so.
10. Go on dates. We went to a wedding.