Man, May has been productive. And there’s only about five weeks left until I have this baby!
1. Baby weight (max 35 pounds). I’ve gained 31.6 pounds, with 5.5 weeks to go. I had a visit to the doctor early in the month where I not only hadn’t gained from my previous appointment, but had actually lost a pound. No lecture! And I’m pretty close to hitting my target. I heard that you actually lose a couple pounds naturally in the last couple of weeks. So we’ll see!
2. Stockpile food. I made 57 burritos. I’m planning to do a few more things in the next couple of weeks — especially since a lot of my other baby prep tasks are done. So that will free up some time to concentrate more on this and other last-minute things. I’d like to make calzones, tofu dumplings, veggie mini meatloafs and some breakfast sammies.
3. Make/do 10 projects. Five projects in May! Earrings, a ring, a foldover clutch, baby curtains and crib sheets. I’m happy with the balance of doing some stuff for me and some stuff for the baby. I still would like to make a diaper bag, but we’ll see! Weird to have hit this goal so early in the year… but maybe that’s good. Since I might not do anything the rest of the year!
11/10 = 110%
4. Read 52 books. I read Reconstructing Amelia, our book club selection. I was so busy with other stuff that I didn’t really read. I’m also reading Jon Krakauer’s Three Cups of Deceit.
14/52 = 26.9%
5. Make two new recipes each month. I made this chicken taco filling for the party at my house.
I’m still doing the house re-organization, but I didn’t really accomplish paring down my mending pile. I DID do three clothing items and a purse and organized my pile by priority, so maybe I can get to some of it before the baby arrives.
I also bought the Stylebook app for my iPhone ($3.99), which has you catalogue all your clothing, shoes and accessories with pictures. Then, you track what you wear, create outfit combinations (like on Polyvore), etc. I think it’ll come in really handy for after the baby as I’m deciding what to keep and what to donate. I’ve already started cataloguing my clothes. It also shows you what you wear the most, what you wear the least, price per item, etc.