Every time I think I’m getting a jump on life, something else happens to mentally set me back. In April, it was sitting for a week in a jury pool for a murder trial. Lucky I wasn’t picked! It’s not slated to end until the first week of June, so it would have really set me back.
1. Baby weight (max 35 pounds). I’ve gained 24.4 pounds. I got another lecture from my doctor a week ago about gaining at a slower rate. “You’re not even to the point where HE’S gaining weight yet.” Bottom line: I think I’ll go over 35, but I don’t feel like I’m gaining outrageously, which was totally what this goal was to prevent.
2. Stockpile food. I made bean and cheese burritos for the freezer. I might eat them all in the next couple of months. And then I’ll have to make more.
3. Make/do 10 projects. I made my embroidery floss wrapped hoops, painted a purse and made the one-panel shades for my bedroom that I’ve had in the works for almost three years. For May, I have a lot of baby projects on my mind.
6/10 = 60%
4. Read 52 books. I read the second book in the Discovery of Witches trilogy, plus re-read the Hunger Games trilogy and read a book about Everett Ruess, a 20-something who wandered the Southwest in the ’30s and mysteriously disappeared.
13/52 = 25%
5. Make two new recipes each month. I made Budget Bytes’ Spinach Tortellini Soup, but with cheese ravioli. Yummy. We had been contemplating just eating cheese ravioli as our main dish, but we both agreed that the soup form was a much better idea.
Other things I did in April that aren’t on the goals list, but I want to brag about:
• Framed six pictures that had been sitting around my house… including ones that I’d bought when Heartsy was still happening and ones that my mother-in-law sent me.
• I’m taming a semi-feral kitty from my backyard. I started feeding her before Christmas, but I finally trapped her, vaccinated her and brought her in for conditioning. She still has some distrust of humans, but with hand feeding and setting her own pace, I think she’ll warm up soon.
• Started a massive re-organization of my house. My goal is to pare down and organize everything.
• Mended four pieces of clothing. I hate mending, so anything that gets mended is MAJOR. I want to mend two pieces of clothing every week in May. So we’ll see how that goes.
Also for May: Two friends are hosting a co-ed baby party at my house on May 11. Which means that I have to accomplish some major cleaning of the main rooms before that time. I had another friend who volunteered to come over and help me with that. I should feel bad that I’m taking her up on it, but I don’t. So I’m concentrating on clutter right now, and then whatever cleaning I haven’t made happen, she can help me with.