Upcycled button up

It’s my last day of vacation, and I realized I haven’t posted this yet. Silly Stephanie.

One of the projects I chose for the Pinterest Challenge I’m doing was a refashioned men’s button up. Mine’s different, but I used some of the same elements, like keeping the sleeves (usually I make tank tops from these projects) and using bias tape on the neckline (I used store-bought). Bad news is that my bust has grown so much while pregnant that the finished top doesn’t fit. Good news is that it fit my dress form perfectly, and I sized Madeline right before I got pregnant.



I recut the sleeves to be a slimmer fit, but they didn’t match up with my recut arm holes. What’s a girl to do? A little ruching at the top of the sleeve adds interest AND a great fit.


I first was going to do a green bias tape, but it didn’t look quite right,so I ended up opting for navy.

4 Comments Add yours

  1. Tasha says:

    I like it! It looks really professional.

  2. Tasha says:

    Also you owe me a photo of the skirt you dyed!

    1. Stephanie says:

      You’re right; I do. Lemme do that this second so I don’t forget again!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s