You guys. February was a trip. I wrapped up my job (unemployed/freelancing/having a baby for the rest of 2013!), and started working on putting my life/house back together after all the early pregnancy sickness.
1. Baby weight (max 35 pounds). I’ve gained 16. I actually had gained 14, but I’ve been eating a lot of cake this week (birthday and leaving work parties) AND not walking as much (chained to my desk, trying to accomplish a massive to-do list before I ran out the door
forever until they want me to come back and freelance on a project), so I bounced up at the very end.
2. Stockpile food. I made Budget Bytes’ Black Bean Quesadillas again and froze them. THEY ARE SO GOOD. We’ve almost eaten through all of them already, but they were definitely handy to not order take out or go out to eat many days when we would have done that. I plan more stockpiling in March… after we eat through some of our food reserves.
3. Make/do 10 projects. No projects completed in February. But I started a Pinterest Challenge and I have some projects in that list that I’ve started, so I think March will have some accomplished.
2/10 = 20%
4. Read 52 books. I read four books in February. Yup. So I’m catching up on this goal.
6/52 = 11.5%
5. Make two new recipes each month. Josh made two: Quinoa Black Bean Tacos, also from Budget Bytes, and soy “chicken” parm. Yup, I’m counting ones he makes toward my goals. He thought this goal was a great one and said he wanted to make it a team effort — plus it’s helping him improve his cooking skills. Gotta say, if you give the man a recipe and point him in the direction of the kitchen, he does great. He just can’t make up things on the fly and isn’t adept at meal planning. So those factors might come into play more this year.