Thinking about what I liked and didn’t like about my goals last year has helped me decide: I need to keep my list shorter this year.
1. Baby weight. I want to gain a max of 35 pounds with this baby. I want to end 2013 at or below 145, the weight I started at. I’m due July 11.
2. Stockpile food. This includes adult food, and when the time comes, baby food. I already found some online tutorials about making baby food, so I think it’s going to be OK.
3. Make/do 10 projects. I think my issue last year was I divided all my projects into categories and so never really fully accomplished anything.
4. Read 52 books. That’s one a week. When I started tracking my reading in 2008, this was my goal. I don’t know what 2013’s going to be like, but this seems reasonable considering how the past two years have gone.
5. Make two new recipes each month. I regretted not being better about this goal last year because it’s a good one.
Last year, I had 15 goals and other things I wanted to work toward. These five are it for 2013. If I’m wrapping up next December saying that Josh, baby and I are all happy, healthy, fed and sheltered, it’s going to be the best year ever.