Here we go:
- Knit from my stash. I’ve made some things, didn’t buy new. I’m a little concerned about the yarn shop closest to me — they are apparently getting booted out of their current space, and sent a sorta dramatic “We need to know if it’s worth opening up in a new space” email. Sad.
- Knit a sweater. No go.
- Crochet a bedspread. Same here.
- Make 10 projects. Hey, so I totally didn’t count my nail polish earrings OR my nail brush holder thing. Whoops. I’ve also made some super-seekrit gifty things that I’ll post about later. I’m also counting the mugs I got printed for an event. Look how cute!
10/10 = 100% BAM!
- Sew a quilt. Again, not going to happen.
- Read 25 books this year. So I apparently forgot to add some books and finished another. Here’s the full list:
- In the Devil’s Garden: A Sinful History of Forbidden Food by Stewart Lee Allen.
- The Psychopath Test: A Short Journey Through the Madness Industry by Jon Ronson
- At Home: A Short History of Private Life by Bill Bryson
- Kitchen Confidential by Anthony Bourdain
- Why Work Sucks and How to Fix It by Cali Ressler and Jody Thompson
- Never Let Them See You Cry by Edna Buchanan
- Ted’s book for CTS
- North American Academy of Liturgy Proceedings (their annual journal that I edited)
- Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer
- Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? And Other Concerns by Mindy Kaling
- Leaving Atlanta by Tayari Jones
- Candy Girl by Diablo Cody
- Don’t Let’s Go to the Dogs Tonight: An African Childhood by Alexandra Fuller
- Blood, Bones & Butter: The Inadvertent Education of a Reluctant Chef by Gabrielle Hamilton
- Medium Raw: A Bloody Valentine to the World of Food and the People Who Cook by Anthony Bourdain
- Mama Ruby by Mary Monroe
- Travels with Charley: In Search of America by John Steinbeck
- Flow: The Cultural Story of Menstruation by Elissa Stein and Susan Kim
- Sexual Reckonings: Southern Girls in a Troubling Age by Susan K. Cahn
18/25 = 76%. Close!
- Do one thing each month that will simplify my life. I am learning to delegate, I think. So that’s kind of awesome.
- List my 3/3/3 daily. Mostly just been listing things I’m thankful for, but there ain’t nothing wrong with expressing gratitude.
- Lose 40 lbs. Blah! I did go running, though. Once. 😀 And I had a session with the trainer at work, who was like, “See? I’m not scary!” Lies. She’s hardcore.
- Drink more water. I haven’t been super-good about this, but I definitely feel better when I do, and I do better when I track it. So I’ll start that again.
- Stop drinking soda. I’ve been pretty good with this one in November.
- Connect with people more. So much skyping! With Chris while he was in England for two weeks, a couple times with Emily, along with some other seminary friends.
I’m pretty good with November.