Month two of the 2012 goals:
- Knit from my stash. All good here — yarn out only, none in.
- Knit a sweater. I’ve got other stuff in the works, but I’m still holding up hope for this.
- Crochet a bedspread. So we know that I’ve made some calculations, and the finish line for this project is going to be far, far in the future. Even more so now that I’ve ripped out two of the hexagons. That’s right, I went backward on this goal. I just didn’t like a couple of the colors, and I know they would bother me in the finished blanket, so they had to go. We’re at 10 hexagons now. Out of 320.
- Make 10 projects. So many plans:
- The previously mentioned not-blanket project.
- Jen’s commissioned baby blanket for April.
- I need to get busy with some projects for Betsy’s baby, too.
- Sew a quilt. I think Betsy’s baby might be getting this one, although my current bedspread is starting to fall apart.
- Do one thing each month that will simplify my life. Again, this is one of the easier goals to achieve. My bobby pin holder and new Splenda canister make me happy, as do my air fresheners.
- Read 25 books this year. I added another two to the pile. The list so far:
- Don’t Let’s Go to the Dogs Tonight: An African Childhood by Alexandra Fuller
- Blood, Bones & Butter: The Inadvertent Education of a Reluctant Chef by Gabrielle Hamilton
- Medium Raw: A Bloody Valentine to the World of Food and the People Who Cook by Anthony Bourdain
- Mama Ruby by Mary Monroe
- Flow: The Cultural Story of Menstruation by Elissa Stein and Susan Kim
- Sexual Reckonings: Southern Girls in a Troubling Age by Susan K. Cahn
- Get my eyebrows threaded. Not until Chez Unemployment becomes Chez I Got A Job!
- Get a mani/pedi at least twice this year. Ditto.
- List my 3/3/3 daily. Going strong with this, and it’s good to be reminded of all that I have to be grateful for.
- Drink more water. Uh, not so much with drinking water this month. I blame hanging out with Janelle more often since she broke her ankle. She pays me in Diet Coke.
- Stop drinking soda. So remember how I had eight sodas in January? I had probably that many in the first week of February.
- Connect with people more. I have done fairly well in this. I need to call my Gramma, but otherwise all is well. I’ve got some posts planned around this as well.
This month I give myself half a gold star for the mushy goals.